Howard J. Hamilton
Training of Highly Qualified Personnel
Current Graduate Students (Degree Sought):
- Raheleh Abdolmaleki (M.Sc.)
- Hassan Waqar Ahmad (Ph.D.)
- Committee: Orland Hoeber, Sandra Zilles, Eman Almehdawe (Business Administration)
- Haider Ali (M.Sc.)
- Committee: Orland Hoeber (co-supervisor), Daryl Hepting
- Fatima Anwer (M.Sc.)
- Committee: Cory Butz, Sandra Zilles
- Tasha Baller (M.Sc.)
- Anthony Beug (M.Sc.)
- Committee: Xue Dong Yang (co-supervisor), David Gerhard
- Stamatis Katsaganis (Ph.D.)
- Committee: Robert Hilderman, Xue Dong Yang, Zisis Papandreou (Physics), Sandra Zilles (Chair)
- Shaun Kaufmann (Ph.D.)
- On leave
- Committee: Sandra Zilles, Tony Kusalik (U of S)
- SeyedMohammad MirbagheriTabatabaei (Mo Mirbagheri), (Ph.D.)
- Committee: Robert Hilderman, Sandra Zilles, Andrei Volodin (Mathematics and Statistics)
- Iruoma Nwabuzor (M.Sc.)
- Committee: Lisa Fan, Sandra Zilles
- Shelby Piechotta (M.Sc.)
- Tina Sturgeon (Derzaph) (Ph.D.)
- Committee: Boting Yang, Xue Dong Yang, Mary Vetter (Luther Biology), Daryl Hepting (Chair)
- Richard Dosselmann
- Cong (Vincent) Gao
- Shubhashis Shil
- Davinder Singh
Member of Supervisory Committee (starting in 2006):
- Abdel Rahman Al-Abdallah, Ph.D., Mathematics and Statistics, supervised by B. Gilligan, in progress.
- Alyeah Alsairafi, Ph.D., Mathematics and Statistics, supervised by A. Herman, in progress.
- Cong Gao, Ph.D., Computer Science, supervised by Y.Y. Yao, 2018.
- Muhammad Asif Manzoor, Ph.D., Software Systems Engineering, supervised by Y. Morgan, 2017.
- Tim Maciag, Ph.D., Computer Science, supervised by D. Hepting, ``Developing Capacity for Sustainability Using the SpiCE Framework,'' 2016.
- Rahim Samei, Ph.D., Computer Science, supervised by S. Zilles and B. Yang ``Complexity Parameters for Learning Multi-Label Concept Classes,'' 2015.
- Obaid Ullah Malik, M.Sc., Computer Science, supervised by R. Hilderman ``Retail Price Time Series Imputation,'' 2014
- Nouman Azam, Ph.D., Computer Science, supervised by J.T. Yao, ``Investigating Decision Making With Game-Theoretic Rough Sets,'' 2014.
- Ahmadi Seyedruhallah, Ph.D., Mathematics, supervised by B. Gilligan, ``A Classification of Homogeneous Kahler Manifolds with Discrete Isotropy and Top Non Vanishing Homology in Codimension Two,'' 2013.
- Hassan Wagar Ahmad, M.Sc., Computer Science, supervised by S. Zilles ``Prediction of Gas Prices using Local Competitors''
- Mondelle Simeon, Ph.D.,Computer Science, supervised by R. Hilderman, ``Discovering Group Differences From Qualitative and Quantitative Attributes Using Contrast Set Mining With Discretization and Measures of Interestingness'' 2012.
- Richard Spring, M.Sc.,Computer Science, supervised by D. Hepting, ``A Rough Set Analysis of Facial Similarity Judgements,'' 2011.
- R. Brien Beattie, M.Sc., Computer Science, supervised by X.D. Yang, topic ``Animating Steady Fluid Flow,'' 2010.
- Nixdorf, Joshua James, M.Sc., Computer Science, supervised by D. Gerhard, topic ``Real Time Computational Sound Spatialization for Use in Live Musical Performance,'' January 2009.
- Hua, Shan, Ph.D., Computer Science, supervised by C. Butz, topic ``Modelling and Implementing Bayesian Network Inference,'' 2009.
- Amrudee Sukpan, Ph.D., Computer Science, supervised by M. Mouhoub, ``Conditional and Composite (Temporal) CSPs,'' 2008.
- Nicolai, Garrett, M.Sc., Computer Science, supervised by R. Hilderman, topic ``No-Limit Texas Hold'Em Poker,'' 2008.
- Mahmud Akelbek, Ph.D., Mathematics, supervised by S. Kirkland, topic ``A Joint Neighbour Bound for Primitive Digraphs,'' 2008.
- Simon Orr, M.Sc., Computer Science, supervised by P. Fong, topic ``A Module System for Isolating Untrusted Software Extensions,'' 2006.
External Examiner (starting in 2008):
M.A.Sc., Industrial Systems Engineering, University of Regina,
supervised by Raman Paranjape,
``Single View Coplanar Photogrammetry and Uncertainty Analysis for Traffic Accident Reconstruction,''
M.A.Sc., Electronic Systems Engineering, University of Regina,
supervised by Raman Paranjape,
``The Diabetic Patient Software Agent,''
- Moise, Gabriela,
Ph.D., Computing Science, University of Alberta,
supervised by Joerg Sander,
topic ``Subspace Clustering Methods for High Dimensional Data,''
Completed Theses by My Students
Completed M.Sc. Project Reports by My Students
NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) Students
Research Scientists and Project Assistants
Back to Hamilton Homepage