[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[lofo List] Funding: Infrastructure Canada KOA requirements
Hello everyone (second try as my first note didn't seem to go
I would like to take some time to discuss what is needed for the
Infrastructure Canada Knowledge-Building, Outreach, and Awareness
funding opportunity. The funding opportunity is to be for a duration of
2 years with a maximum of $250,000 of possible funding for the duration
of the project. The deadline for this funding opportunity is fast
approaching, May 1, 2006, so we have approx. 2 weeks!!
A crucial element that we need to address initially is letters of
support from supporting organizations. We would like to get letters of
support from all interested organizations, i.e. SAF, SOD, SOL, CHEP,
etc. The letters of support can use roughly the same format that was
sent out earlier for the NSERC application. We would like to hear from
those who would be willing to write a letter of support (please post
here or contact Daryl Hepting). This needs to be done as soon as possible!!
All letters of support should be on official organization letterhead,
addressed to Dr. Daryl Hepting, and should offer some insight into how
the research will benefit the organization and how the research falls in
line with the organization's priorities and goals, etc.
We would also like to ask if there are any supporting organizations that
would or can offer any in-kind contributions, etc. These may include
offering $500-$1000 (or more) per year toward the project, or some other
form of in-kind contribution, etc. Having this would greatly improve our
chances of receiving funding.
The outline of the requirements for this funding opportunity are similar
to NSERC. These include:
1. Project description (approx 1pg)......the introduction we are
currently working on
2. Project background (approx 1pg)
3. Description of the methodology and approach (approx 2pgs)
4. Describe expected results (approx 1/2pg)
5. Dissemination of results (approx 2pgs)
6. Work plan (will be revised from NSERC)
7. Budget justification (will be revised from NSERC)
The project must address at least one objective (describe one or more,
approx 1/2pg each):
1. Increase and improve the level of awareness and understanding about
public infrastructure and communities issues in Canada
2. Stimulate and support independent, high quality, integrated and
timely policy research and knowledge in this area
3. Encourage the development and maintenance of a strong,
multidisciplinary research community in this area
4. Foster stronger exchange of information and knowledge in this area
amongst policy makers, experts, practitioners, communities,
non-governmental organizations, industry and the general public.
As well, the project must address at least one of these research
priorities (describe one or more, approx 1/2pg each):
1. Cities, communities and public infrastructure
2. The state of infrastructure in Canada’s communities
3. The economic, social, cultural and environmental impacts of
infrastructure on communities
4. Financing mechanisms for infrastructure and communities
5. Technology, innovation and transformative infrastructure
6. Governance issues related to infrastructure and communities
So, there we have it! I feel that we have a really good chance at this
opportunity. The first elements we need are the letters of support.
Daryl and I will continue to work on the application requirements and
will post things for comments and revisions as they become available.
Thanks all! Looking forward to hearing back from you!
Timothy J. Maciag, PhD Candidate
Dept. Computer Science, University of Regina
HCI Lab, CL 121, 306-585-4005
The Local Food Directory Project Mailing List