For the Neck
(Traditional Head and Neck Rolls may be dangerous.)
(May be done sitting or standing. Align head directly over spine
and feel the crown of the head lifting.
If sitting, sit on sitting bones (not tailbone) without leaning
against back of chair.)
Lateral Neck Stretch #1
- Drop ear to shoulder to a position the first stretch is felt.
- Change to opposite side.
- Repeat several times exhaling as you move ear to shoulder
and inhaling as you come back to centre.
Lateral Neck Stretch #3
- Drop ear to right shoulder.
- With left arm hanging lose at the side, put right hand on left ear.
- Gently pull head a little closer to shoulder and stretch arm to
floor creating distance between right hand and left hand.
- Hold for approximately 5 breaths and repeat on opposite side.
- Turn head from side to side keeping ears the same height from the floor.
- Avoid dropping chin to shoulder.
- Exhale on the twist, inhale coming back to centre.
- Do 3 - 6 times each side.
Posterior Neck Stretch
- Drop chin to chest.
- Hold and breathe and relax further into the stretch.
- After a few breaths, keeping chin to chest, move chin from one
shoulder to the other.